They made Savannah their home, and as covens around the United States were hunted and burned, they laid low and kept out of the public eye. Eventually, those who were aware of the supernatural rather than simply paranoid of it believed witches to be extinct, and it seemed for awhile that they were going to be left alone. Unfortunately, such was not the case.
While most hunters were not aware of their existence and had turned their focus on werewolves, who had a more difficult time hiding because of their lunar curse, a small group of hunters did notice the coven. They have been quietly at war for years, magic and wards making it difficult for hunters to track down a location more specific than "somewhere in Savannah." However, even that vague knowledge allowed the hunters to trap and kill more than a few of them, and eventually the witches were forced to invite the Psychics into their homes simply for the purpose of boosting their numbers.
Many witches believe that this was a mistake. When it became evident to the Seers that the coven and its psychic associates were not going to live unless they ran, many witches refused to believe this. They did not want to be forced from their home again, and this was a great cause of contension between the two groups. Many of the witches believed that they could find another way, figure out another course of action that wouldn't end with their extinction. Ultimately, the leaders of their coven decided to move.
Thanks to a powerful Seer, they found Dawnbreak, a supernatural hub for werewolf activity and a small Alaskan town with ley lines running through it. The Seer called it a place of power, a place that they could thrive, and so they left.
The Habitus spellbook can be found here. Any Habitus character over 18 years of age is assumed to know these spells. (Spells labeled "Innate" are spells that all witches know.)
The Solis spellbook can be found here. Any Solis character over 18 years of age is assumed to know these spells. (Spells labeled "Innate" are spells that all witches know.)
The Eiluned spellbook can be found here. Any Eiluned character over 18 years of age is assumed to know these spells. (Spells labeled "Innate" are spells that all witches know.)
- Each witch knows the above spells on their path automatically, unless they are under the age of eighteen. Then, it is a case by case basis depending on age.
- Additional spells are 100-1000 points, depending on how powerful they are. This will be decided by the Admin staff.
- A Member may learn one spell a month after character creation, a Magister may learn two, an Officer can learn three, and the High Priest/Priestess can learn four.
- A member starts with two additional custom spells, a Magister with four, an Officer with six, and a High Priest/Priestess with eight.
- Characters under eighteen years of age start with the general list and three spells from their path list. Spells from the path list cost 100 points.
How do you become a witch?
The vast majority of witches are born, and not made. However, with a very powerful witch willing to cast a spell on a human, it is possible to be granted the gift. However, the success of this is not entirely in the casting witch's control, and failure means death.
What happens if a witch is bitten?
There are no known hybrids. When a witch or psychic is bitten, they become very ill, often lasting over the course of several weeks. If this illness does not kill them (depending on their own fortitude and potential intervention from witches), nothing happens. They do not change.
How long do witches live?
Witches have the same life span as humans.
What do witches smell like to werewolves?
- Witches on the HABITUS path smell earthy and slightly inhuman .
- Witches on the SOLIS path smell very bright and clean, and slightly inhuman.
- Witches on the EILUNED path smell slightly inhuman, and give the wolf smelling them a sense of familiarity. They are distinctinctly not werewolves, just familiar.
How do you kill a witch?
Witches can be killed in the same way any mortal can. However, if you really want one dead, be sure to double check your work. For as far back as the Salem Witch Trials, witches have been known to use magic to give the illusion of death before escaping.
Do witches have any weaknesses?
Witches do not have any weaknesses that a human or other supernatural creature would not have.
How long does a witch pregnancy last?
Nine Months. Witches sometimes have less control of their powers while they are pregnant.
What happens if a witch and a human have an infant?
There will be a 50/50 chance of the infant being born either witch or human.
|Dead Before Daylight||Help Search Members Calendar Shop Shoutbox|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|